DISCOVERING ST. JOHN
New members are received on a rolling basis. If you are interested in joining our congregation, please call the office at (605) 336-3253 or email email@example.com. You will be connected with our Pastor who meets with prospective members before receiving them into our church family.
Visitors are always welcome at St. John! With Christ as our example, we strive to welcome you here JUST AS YOU ARE:
- You are welcome whether you are single, married, divorced, widowed, straight, gay, lesbian, transgendered, bisexual, asexual, confused, prim and proper, rough around the edges, thick, thin, or frumpy.
- We welcome crying babies, fidgety children, texting middle-schoolers, and sleepy high school students.
- We welcome singers that can carry a tune, and we welcome those that are tone deaf and can’t keep a beat.
- You are welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of prison. Those who are in recovery or still addicted are also welcome. (Pssst . . . that means we welcome you if you are more pious than Saint Peter or can’t remember the last time you attended church.)
- We extend a special welcome to those that have attained the wisdom of being a certain age and also those who are growing up too fast.
- We welcome every race, creed, color, alien, and stranger.
- We welcome healthy and fit people, couch potatoes, sports families, starving artists, tree huggers, latte drinkers, vegans, and junk food junkies.
- We welcome those who know they are crazy and don't care. We welcome those still working on themselves in the midst of a crazy life and those who think they are normal.
- You’re welcome if you're having problems, are down in the dumps, or just don't like organized religion.
- We offer welcome to those who think the earth was created in six days or six billion years.
- If you happen to be a Democrat, a Republican, a Libertarian, none of the above, or just always disgusted; you are welcome here.
- We welcome those who lose sleep over finances, those who wear rose-colored glasses, those who work over-time, and those who don't work at all.
- You are welcome whether you only come to worship on Christmas and Easter or you come every week.
- We welcome has-beens, over-achievers, geeks, nerds, athletes, goths, emos, Millenials, Gen Z'ers, Boomers, Gen X'ers, and those with or without ink, piercings or bling.
- We welcome those who could use a prayer right now and those who have had religion shoved down their throat.
- We welcome those who get lost trying to find the Great Plains Zoo (we're just a few blocks away).
- We welcome seekers, tourists, college students, church hoppers, and church shoppers. We welcome the rich and the poor.
Every one of us is a sinner who needs to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ.