INDOOR WORSHIP BEGINS THE 1ST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER
Saturday & Sunday, October 4 & 5, 2020
RIGHTS ASSUME RESPONSIBILITIES. THE TWO GO HAND-IN-HAND.
Especially, rights do not trump responsibilities in the Kingdom of Christ.
“If anyone wishes to follow me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me.” - Jesus (Matthew 16.24)
“So the last shall be first and the first last.” - Jesus (Matthew 20.16)
Faith is not much concerned with doctrine, power, or privilege, but service to others –
service to the point of sacrifice.
- We will worship in three shifts, using three services. Service times remain on Saturday, 5:30 p.m., and Sunday, 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. No more than 50 may worship at any one service. Worshipers will be seated on a first-come, first-seated basis (up to 50). This will allow worshipers the physical distancing necessary to a safe assembly. We have had no more than 50 worshipers at any of our outdoor services since July so the restriction should cause no friction. Should attendance try the limits of any particular service, we’ll either 1.) Begin taking reservations, or 2) Add a worship service or services, whichever strategy is most convenient for the body.
- Because its surfaces are more conducive to cleanliness and its space ventilated better than other spaces indoors, including St. John’s sanctuary, we will begin with indoor worship in St. John’s fellowship hall. To facilitate and assure physical distancing, worshipers are asked to assume seating as configured in the space. Please do not rearrange seats.
- Everyone entering the church will be required to wear a facemask. Face masks will be available for everyone forgetting to bring one. Hand sanitation will be available at the entryway of the building and in every room.
- Sunday school and confirmation instruction will run between services in St. John’s education wing; Sunday school upstairs and confirmation downstairs. There will be no Coffee/Fellowship Hour. The worship space / Fellowship Hall will be sanitized between Sunday services.
- Should anyone who has tested positive for COVID19 have happened through any of St. John’s public gatherings while they are contagious, the membership will be notified and all public gatherings subsequent to the exposure will be cancelled for 14 days.